Head of Information Security
As the Head of Information Security for this North West based organisation your primary purpose will be to oversee the development and compliance of a comprehensive information security management (ISM) program, which ensures the organisation is suitably protected against cyber related security threats whilst supporting successful business outcomes.
As the Head of information Security, you will develop and govern the information security strategy aligned to the overall business strategy. Working with executive stakeholders including the CEO, CFO & the Information Security Steering Council to ensure alignment of the cyber security strategy.
You will prioritise and optimise the cyber security portfolio based on the IS strategy and business needs whilst manage the development and ongoing maintenance of the ISO27001 registration and cyber security control framework.
As Head of Information Security your role reports to the CFO with a dotted line into the CIO and you will have direct budget influence. You will also have the opportunity to act as CISO working with a virtual CISO to continue to build and shape the information security strategy.
You will operate as part of the Senior Leadership Team.
Ideally you will have experience of as much of the following as possible:
- Experience in an information security or enterprise security architecture role.
- Significant stakeholder management skills.
- Experience in developing and administrating an information security program within a formal framework such as ISO27001.
- Good information security assurance experience in an out-sourced environment, including policy and standards delivery, monitoring, auditing of compliance.
- Experience in defining and monitoring Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Detailed understanding of information security related law and regulations such as GDPR and NIS Regulations, market trends, products, and services.
- CISSP accreditation or equivalent is desirable but not essential
For this role you will need to Security cleared to SC level but this is reliant on Government sponsorship and company specific, so it would be sought after appointment to the role.
The role has opportunity to progress and develop. You will be working largely remotely but reporting to the CFO and working as part of the SLT will mean some travel to site, in the North West.
For more information on this role, the company a detailed job specification and a confidential conversation around your current situation and career Apply now!