(RK76) API Developer / Architect
£40,000.00 - 55,000.00 Per Annum
Senior API Developer / Architect required for an enterprise scale business based in the North West paying up to £55K + Bonus and Benefits including; Flex Working and strong pension contributions
This is a well-established business and despite these difficult times are still investing in their on-going digital transformation.
We are looking for a Senior API Developer, perhaps looking at moving towards a more Architecture focused role, who is exceptionally strong in API / Microservices and hopefully experienced in Event Driven and/or Domain Driven Design.
Key areas and milestone this role is to likely focus on:
· Design and Develop a new set of business facing APIs to improve data usage and insights for the business
· Investment and shift to a Microservices architecture for scalability, containerisation and a cloud first approach
· A huge improvement to how the business utilises, stores and capitalises on data access and usage
· Work with the business and other teams to start the move away from SOA architecture
· Further investment in improving CI / CD and agile approaches for the business to drive business value and efficiencies
· Be actively involved in further conversations around Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design and ultimately best-fit architecture for the business and future plans for futureproofing
For reference; this is a Microsoft Development environment with a tech stack based around .Net, .Net Core and Azure Cloud services
*An important thing to note is that this is very much at the start of the process, (With budgets signed off and approved), therefore much is still to be defined based on your input and experience.
You will very much be the API / Microservices SME working alongside an impressive Head of Architecture, the CIO, and other members of the Technical Senior Leadership team – this is a role with great visibility and ultimately could be a career changing opportunity given the decisions and technology you will be working with
To find out more please click Apply and I look forward to discussing this with you further