(AR20) SQL Database Administrator
£50,000.00 - 55,000.00 Per Annum (plus benefits )
Database Administrator - SQL
Database Administrator required for a leading manufacturing business working across an enterprise estate.
As the SQL DBA you will Become the SME for the databases, including working with, portfolio, architecture and business users to identify gaps in services and highlighting underlying performance, recommending solutions where known, to contribute to the improvement of services
As the Database Administrator you promote the availability, performance and security of the Databases to ensure the performance.
· Setting up and configure the database across the servers.
· Performing analysis and tuning where required to make sure full performance of the databases.
· Communicating the potential risks, problems and incidents effectively and escalating these where appropriate.
· Implementing and responding to alerts to quickly identify performance issues.
· Participate, as needed, in incident resolution, including identification, diagnosis and root cause analysis ensuring rapid resolution and minimal impact on services and data integrity.
· Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, Ruby etc.) and/or open source tools.
Your experience will cover:
· Experience as a SQL database administrator.
· Experience with SQL (05 – 14)
· Good understanding of automation.
· Good phone skills and an ability to provide technical support over the phone
· Good problem solving skills and techniques
· Good stakeholder management skills.
· Knowledge of Azure is desirable
This advert is just a snapshot of the role, for more information on the company, a detailed job specification and confidential conversation around your CV and Career – Apply now!