API Technical Lead
London, City | £85000-95000 + bonus + excellent bens
An API Technical Lead is required to join a newly created, in-house development team within the largest retail network and financial services chain in the UK. Based in London, the API Technical Lead will report into the CIO and will be part of an exciting present to shape a super bright future.
The API Technical Lead will be part of the digital revolution within this organisation and will lead on aligning IT to meet the radically changing customer requirements when buying and managing financial products and services. This new digital platform will facilitate a single customer experience and enhance their needs and expectations to make life easier for them.
As the API Technical Lead subject matter expert you will partner with senior stakeholders with IT and the wider business to identify, assess and solve complex problems; drive opportunities using value-based consulting approaches; deliver value quickly through inventing creative and innovative digital solutions; and act independently to determine methods and procedures to create an in-house code of conduct for API design and management.
To perform this role successfully you will need:
• Extensive experience with an API management software like Apigee, Mulesoft or equivalent with the knowledge of API mashups, analytics, developer networks, monetization models and API security, either in a technical presales or client side delivery context
• Extensive experience in SOA design and implementation and system integration using SOA
• Extensive experience of development experience using WSDL/SOAP/XML and REST/JSON or equivalent
• Functional domain expertise in one or more of the following industries: Telco, Banking, Financial, Retail or Government
• Technically strong and think 'digital' – truly comfortable with digital process re-engineering, agile/scrum delivery, SAFE etc
• Experience with large-scale complex system integration implementations
• Experience with developing mobile apps, connected devices or M2M technologies – preferably with Low Code platform hands-on experience
• Strong understanding in API and Developer Economy
• Strong in API design and best practices – willingness to be the lead voice / trail blazer in building a reusable repository and associated developer disciplines
• Strong in Platform and Architecture technical skills such as SOA or J2EE and knowledge of emerging technologies/platforms in Mobility, Analytics, Cloud and Social
• Experience in working with AWS, Google Compute Engine, Heroku or equivalent
So, if you have the relevant experience and are a ‘hybrid’ technical/business professional that can always see things in multiple angles, constantly challenge the norm and constantly looking for better solutions to problems then Apply now!