Bolton | £35000 to £38000 + bens
Infrastructure Engineer required to join this expanding North West based business.
As the Infrastructure engineer this role will contain both Project and BAU work. From a BAU perspective you will provide day to day support to all users of both face to face and with remote support technologies.
The Project work, will include the deployment of new systems, upgrading and extending existing systems, creating and maintaining documentation. The project aspect of this position will form a significant part of this role, in addition to the BAU support duties.
As the Infrastructure Engineer within this role you will also have the opportunity to design, configure, deploy and maintain a growing IT infrastructure including developing some design and architecture based skills whilst working alongside and experienced network architect.
As the Infrastructure Engineer you will need a broad range of technologies for this environment both Microsoft and Network oriented with the capacity to add new technology and develop skills.
For the right candidate this role will not only add and develop architecture based skills but also look to develop into the Infrastructure Manager position within this client so there is a genuine career path in place.
To be successful in this role you will need to have as much experience of the following as possible:
• Experience of supporting Microsoft operating systems and applications, server and desktop
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Service desk experience
• Cisco networks, wired and wireless, specifically an understanding of Cisco IOS
• Good understanding of networks
• Microsoft Office productivity tools, Microsoft Exchange and back-up products, DHCP and DNS.
• Backup systems and storage management
• Significant specific technical support experience
• TCP/IP Networking, addressing and ports
Ideally the client is looking for a range of skills however they are absolutely committed to training and developing the right individual to add skills.
This advertisement is just a snapshot of the role. For more information on this role, the client, a detailed job specification and a confidential discussion around your career and CV, APPLY now!