Database Administrator required for a leading manufacturing business outside of Sheffield, paying up to £40K + benefits.
As the Database Administrator you promote the availability, performance and security of the Databases to ensure the performance.Responsibilities:
Your experience will cover:
- Setting up and configure the database across the servers.
- Performing analysis and tuning where required to make sure full performance of the databases.
- Communicating the potential risks, problems and incidents effectively and escalating these where appropriate.
- Implementing and responding to alerts to quickly identify performance issues.
- Automate routine DBA tasks through scripting (Bash, Ruby etc.) and/or open source tools.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and provide weekend/off-hours support.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as database administrator.
- Experience with SQL (05 – 14)
- Good understanding of automation.
- Good phone skills and an ability to provide technical support over the phone
- Good problem solving skills and techniques
- Time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a time.
- Knowledge of Azure is desirable
To find out more, please click Apply and we will be in touch with more details