Data Manager required for an SME consultancy that is a market leader in its field based in the Crewe area. This company is technology lead with the data being at the heart of what they do. To that end they are looking for a Data Manager, who will report directly to the CTO, to be responsible for all the data landscape with special focus on the data layer including the integrity, strategy alignment and consistency.
As the Data Manager you will have several key areas of responsibility including but not limited to; Integration, Security, Integrity, Procurement, Storage and Documentation of the Data.
As the Data Manager you will work with internal teams and external providers / partners from both Data, and Technology backgrounds.
Some of the key parts to being successful in this role are the following:
- Understand data lineage in alignment to data strategy ensuring that the data is correctly linked throughout the database(s)
- Can review and troubleshoot data in a logical manner against both stock (existing) and flow (new)
- Operates a ‘fix once’ principle to remediation methods of data cleansing.
- Have a technical knowledge of the latest IT techniques and service platforms, especially data integration and interrogation.
- Delivering effective data documentation materials, where required
- Planning own workload to ensure deadlines are achieved and quality standards are maintained
- Working with both internal staff and external data suppliers
- Efficiency of data inputs – ensure automation through fluid APIs wherever possible and apply automation in place of repetitive manual task/uploads
- Processes for data abnormalities and reconciliation, ensuring our data inputs are robust
To be successful in this role you will need to have experience and knowledge of some of the following:
- Data structure
- Awareness of API data integration
- IT practices and techniques
- Ability to write/script SQL
- Analytical mindset
- Impact and influence on internal staff including data teams and account managers
- Practical IT experience
- Data interrogation using SQL
- Data lineage and analytics
- Ability to build own APIs would be a bonus but is not essential
- Awareness of Business Objects and Power BI would be a bonus but is not essential
- Awareness of PCI DSS, GDPR and ISO 27001
In this role you will must have the ability to work autonomously, operate with creativity / conceptual thinking and have excellent communication and engagement skills.
This advert is a snapshot of the role for a more detailed Job specification information on the company and a confidential discussion around your CV and Career: Apply Now!