Systems Operations Manager required to work in this fast paced technically challenging environment who is capable of innovative thinking, demonstrating creativity and pragmatism with an ability to conceptualise and deliver at speed.
As the Systems Operations Manager you will be leading and managing all the teams responsible for supporting the core services, which includes Systems Operations, Application Support, and infrastructure applications teams.
As the Systems Operations Manager Contribute to the design, build (in collaboration with product development teams) and responsible for running highly available, customer facing and internal secure services
As the System Operations Manager you will ideally have experience of leading technical teams previously that have been responsible for working and delivering effectively to SLA’s.
This environment has an extensive range of technology is working towards a DevOps model and has a range of exciting projects coming up including a new core platform migration and integration, which you will play a key part in.
From a knowledge and experience perspective you will have as much of the following as possible, however you are not expected to have all the technology listed below as the list is extensive and is designed to show you the technology you will be working with.
- Experience in leading technical teams.
- Operations: Understanding of ITIL, DevOps, Kanban, Agile principles
- Deployment automation tools such as Chef or Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Vagrant etc.
- Enterprise monitoring tools such as Zabbix or Nagios, Zenoss, Opennms etc.
- Public cloud platforms: Rackspace or Amazon, Linode, DigitalOcean, etc
- Virtualisation platforms and tools: VMWare, Xen/OpenStack, Virtual Box
- Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, MS Windows Server
- Databases: MySQL, MS SQL,
- Application infrastructure: Java / Tomcat, PHP, Ruby on Rails, Apache HTTPD etc
- ETL frameworks: IBM InfoSphere Information Server / Information Services Director
- Analytics: Google Analytics
- Source control systems: Git, SVN, Gitlab, Github
- Programming/scripting languages: Linux/Unix shell, ruby, python/jython
You will be managing and leading teams as the primary part of this role, so you must be able to maintain ownership and accountability for deliverables be action oriented with a focus on continuous improvement and be able to deliver quality results with a challenging, positive, influential style.
This advert is just a snapshot of the role, for more information a detailed brief, information on the client and a confidential discussion around your current position, CV and what you are looking for Apply now!