(RR51) Service Delivery Manager
£60,000.00 - 65,000.00 Per Annum (Bonus, Bens)
Service Manager (ITIL) is required for a leading national organisation with the largest retail based network in the UK and who strive to put the customer first in everything that they do.
Working as part of the IT service management team, the Service Manager’s role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered. Ensuring service levels to the customer and internal business units are maintained to the highest standards.
As the Service Manager you will work in close collaboration with third party vendors to achieve service excellence. This will require you to ensure consistent process across vendors, SLA compliance and to undertake service escalations as appropriate.
As with most organisations continuous improvement is key and as the Service Manager you will manage such activities with each key supplier, with opportunities identified to improve service delivery, protect service, reduce incident volumes and reduce or avoid costs.
In your capacity as Service Manager you will be expected to run the incident management process, including co-ordination between outsourced incident management teams and internal processes during any incident, whilst maintaining open channels of communication across the supply chain and business stakeholders
This organisation is aggressively driving its digital agenda and has recently started to launch its first external Apps, which will be supported by IT service teams, with the Service Manager taking the lead on the service support for this across the business.
Succession in this role is key and you will be expected to step up in to the Head of Service Delivery role when and where necessary, with a view to ultimately working in that next level role within the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will need to be able to demonstrate as much of the following as possible:
· Working within a similar IT organization, understanding business priorities and business partnerships.
· Track record in proactively engaging and improving the overall quality of service delivered by IT.
· Experience of managing difficult or complex outsourced relationships.
· Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
· Experience of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
· Effective stakeholder management across all levels including C Suite
· Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a matrix managed environment.
· Service integration experience including Service Design exposure (process designs)
· Technical experience of one or more operational monitoring toolsets
· Have a demonstrable track record of working within an IT support environment working experience of performing an operational management role
· Experience in leading and working closely with business leaders, challenging conventional thinking and identifying opportunities to generate business benefit.
This is a challenging and varied role in an organisation that’s both complex and operates across multiple sectors and can provide excellent immediate opportunity along with longer term development and progression.
This advert is a snapshot of the role, for a more detailed conversation around the job specification, the brief information on the client and confidential conversation around your career and CV, Apply now!